Happy Ramblings: A Day in Johanna Basford's Enchanted Forest

Monday, October 31, 2016

A Day in Johanna Basford's Enchanted Forest


I couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy Spring day than by absorbing myself in painting in my Enchanted Forest colouring book by Johanna Basford. So I dug out my tin of watercolour paints and my very tiny size 2 sable paint brush and set to work at my desk while the thunder, lightning and hailstones did their own thing outside.


The photos above are snapshots of portions of the pages that I was working (playing) with. And the photo below is of the middle section of the picture.


I just love colouring-in books for adults. The drawings inside are exquisitely detailed and I enjoy losing myself in the pages as I colour them in. There are little things that aren't noticed at first until you look closely and see little creatures hidden amongst the foliage.

Now I am quite happy and relaxed and looking forward to my next session of colouring in.

Two more recently released colouring books arrived in the post last week - I couldn't resist buying them - Johanna Basford's Magical Jungle and Millie Marotta's Wild Savannah. The pictures inside are just as delightful. I have quite a collection of books now to enjoy.

Happy colouring.

Love Rose x

4 comments:

  1. I havn't had mine out for a while so your post reminded me to get colouring again.Very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BeeJay, I would love to see some of your colouring in on your blog. Which colouring books do you have? Do you use felt pens, pencils, paints? I hope your tests went well and that you are on the mend. Hugs Rose.

      Delete
  2. Oh so lovely! I also love colouring-in books :) It´s really nice to take this time and just follow the colours on the paper...
    Have a beautiful day and take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Titti, thank you :) Yes, I find colouring books are great for taking time out for myself. I get totally absorbed in them. I am glad you enjoy them as well. Have a lovely day too! Hugs Rose x

      Delete