Happy Ramblings: I found some old Spring photos of Cineraria

Thursday, September 23, 2021

I found some old Spring photos of Cineraria

A while ago my brother rescued all the photos that were on my old computer which had died. I thought that everything had been lost, but by some miracle he managed to transfer the files onto a USB stick and I have now put them onto my present computer.

I found these photos of our Cineraria, which I took during Spring many years ago. The Cineraria used to grow in abundance under the pine trees around the house. They had self-seeded from somewhere and loved the growing conditions under the trees. 

There were so many different colours, ranging from blue, through pink, mauve, purple and white.       

Unfortunately we had to have the pine trees around the house removed. They were old and leaning dangerously. In stormy weather the pine branches used to thump on the roof....scary.

After the trees had gone the cineraria stopped growing in this spot. But some have still managed to spread into the orchard and surprisingly into the vegetable patch and under the deck. 

I am waiting for new, self-sown seedlings, to flower this Spring. I never know which colours will show up. I like to pick individual florets of different colours and float them in a bowl of water on my desk :)

Now I am off to sort through more of my photos, I love the memories that they evoke.

See you again soon.

Hugs, Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment