Happy Ramblings: I have been making Christmas decorations

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

I have been making Christmas decorations

 

House Christmas tree decoration
I have spent the past few weeks busily enjoying myself getting ready for Christmas. The Christmas presents are all bought and wrapped, and I have since been focusing on the Christmas Eve lunch table setting.

Instead of Christmas crackers, this year I wanted to make something myself as a gift to our guests. So, after many hours searching on Pinterest, I found free templates of little Christmas box houses and paper Christmas trees, designed by Gunnor Karita from the Wings of Whimsy blog.


I downloaded the templates, scaled them, and printed them onto glossy photo paper. They were easy to cut out, fold and glue together.


.

I filled each little Christmas house box with Hershey's kisses. I found Christmas mint truffle ones that are wrapped in a cute snowflake foil. Then I placed one box on top of each folded napkin.

I also printed off some Santa jokes to put inside each box.

The little Christmas boxes can be hung on the Christmas tree too as shown in my first photo.


For the centre of the table, I made a little village of paper gingerbread houses and fir trees.


I treated myself to a set of new handmade placemats which are made out of white-washed rattan. Plus, I bought a white cotton tablecloth and napkins which have a hemstitched border. They were all in the pre-Christmas sales and the napkins worked out to be free once all the discounts were applied!

The pre-Christmas lunch menu is written and all I need to do now is wash the plates and cutlery, which were in storage since we moved house. Then I have a bit of last-minute grocery shopping to do for fresh vegetables and a few odds and ends. 

I ordered the non-perishables online from the supermarket and they have already been delivered. And I am expecting a selection of cheeses to be delivered on Friday.

This is the most organised and relaxed I have been before Christmas. I have been enjoying watching Christmas-themed vlogs on YouTube, plus reading the December edition of The Simple Things magazine on my iPad via our library. I really enjoy reading that magazine.

I hope that you are enjoying the days leading up to Christmas too!

Hugs, Rose x

12 comments:

  1. Lovely table centre. I'm sure your guests will appreciate your thoughtfulness - the little houses are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you very much. I had a lot of fun making them :o) Hugs, Rose

      Delete
  2. Your table looks so pretty, decorated for Christmas. The little houses are a lovely idea. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so nice - and I love that there are so many handmade items! You sound absolutely ready - what fun you'll have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, Thank you :o) I am as ready as I can be this year! For the first time Christmas feels very relaxed. Hugs, Rose x

      Delete
  4. Les petites maisons de Noël sont ravissantes et le centre de table fait beaucoup d'effet. bravo ! Je vous souhaite un JOYEUX NOEL !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Helene, thank you very much. I wish you a very Merry Christmas too! Hugs Rose xxx

      Delete
  5. Your table looks lovely set with the little houses and trees. Such a great idea. Have a fabulous Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverley, Thank you very much :o) I wish you a fabulous Christmas too. Hugs Rose xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow, Rose Petal, those boxes are gorgeous! You sound like you really went all out for Christmas. It looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephenie, thank you so much for your lovely comment! My 14-year-old nephew really loved the little houses on the table and the Santa jokes that I put inside the little house boxes. His reaction put a big smile on my face. It was well worth the effort just to see his reaction! Hugs, Rose x

      Delete