Happy Ramblings: Macarons for afternoon tea - Yum!

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Macarons for afternoon tea - Yum!

Mini macarons, plus...

...a freshly picked vase of forget-me-nots...

...together with a cup of Twining's English Breakfast tea in my favourite Giens filet bleu cup...

made a wonderful setting for afternoon tea at my desk...

Yum!

Perfect for cheering up a dismally cloudy and rainy day. I wish that I could have shared them with you :)

Macarons are now one of my favourite treats. I had been deprived of them during lockdown. Being in level 4 lockdown for 5 weeks, and now level 3, for me, means no going out to the shops. 
However I discovered that the supermarket, that we get our groceries delivered from, sells mini-macarons which are made in France. I couldn't resist ordering some. 

When my shopping arrived, the macarons were the first thing that I unpacked. I was surprised at how small they were (about 2.5 cm in diameter), but the flavours certainly made up for the size.

They came in a box of 12, with 6 different flavours; lemon, pistachio, vanilla, caramel, chocolate and raspberry.

I enjoyed biting into the thin crisp outer layer, to be met with soft chewy yumminess, then a flavour-packed creamy filling. Perfection! A drink of tea between flavours cleansed my palate for the next flavourful experience. Bliss!

Do you take time out to have afternoon tea? What is your favourite treat?

Hugs, Rose x

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm just about to make myself a cup of Earl Gray tea - my favorite afternoon tea. I make afternoon tea for myself every day and I thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to it. If I have cake or cookies baked I often have that with my tea, but I haven't baked over the past few days so maybe I'll have a piece of dark chocolate. I'm planning to make an apple spice cake later this week. I love macarons, but don't buy them since they are mostly made with almond flour and my daughter is allergic. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, Yummy, apple spice cake and Earl Grey tea sound like a wonderful combination. I am glad that you manage to take time out to enjoy your afternoon tea every day :) It is a pity that you aren't able to enjoy macarons at home. Macarons are my favourite at the moment. This afternoon I will be having buttered, toasted, walnut-raisin bread with my English Breakfast tea. My mother made the walnut-raisin bread in her breadmaker yesterday and it is delicious. Thank you so much for popping by and commenting. I hope that you have a great day too! I am on my way to visit your blog now. See you again soon. Rose x

      Delete
  2. Greetings from Ohio in the States...your afternoon tea looks lovely. Maybe it's something I should incorporate into each day to just breathe, relax, and take a quiet moment. I'm an herbal tea drinker, mostly when the weather is chilly outside, but paired with some macarons, it would be wonderful any time of year...thanks for the inspiration! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, lovely to see you here. Afternoon tea certainly rejuvinates me. It gives me a time to practice mindfulness. Your herbal tea sounds perfect too. In the hot months you could try ice tea with a slice of lemon maybe. Or any cold drink in summer, with your sweet treat, would be great. Enjoy! Rose x

      Delete